Sugar Mound Arts & Crafts Festival – 2nd Weekend in October
For more information and register as a vendor, visit sugarmoundartscrafts.com
- 685 vendors of Arts
- Crafts & Food
- Saturday 9-6 and Sunday 9-5 at the Linn County Fairgrounds.
- Shuttle busses run throughout the event
Downtown parade on Saturday at 10 A.M. To submit a parade entry, click here.
Mayor’s Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony and Toy Drive – TBD
Mound City Amphitheater, 5-8 P.M.
Join us for Christmas music, delicious treats, and a special appearance by Santa Clause.
This event is organized to help raise toy and canned food donations.
Other Fascinating Facts about Mound City:
- Cradle of the Border/Civil War Activities
- Home of the Original Jayhawkers
- Reconstruction of Colonel James Montgomery Cabin/Fort
- Western Railhead of the Underground Railroad
- John Brown, abolitionist, wrote Parallels and planned Harper’s Ferry Raid
- One the the original National Union Cemeteries
- 2nd Oldest Courthouse in Kansas still in use
- Oldest Kansas public library in continuous service
- Victorian Main street
- Nostalgic Shopping
- Year Round Natural Beauty
- Wildlife and sporting opportunities
- Outstanding Annual Events bring thousands to out community of 850